Friday, August 3, 2012

I Can Make Good Indian Food At Home

I was recently at a local vegan meet up where one of the couples brought some really good Chana Masala they had made.  I started talking with one of the other ladies there about how I love Indian food, but never feel like I really do it justice when I try and make it at home.  It's usually edible, but nowhere near restaurant quality. It's usually not even what I would call really good.  She commented that she has had success at home, and told me maybe I should give it another try with a different recipe, so that's what I did.  I searched the web and decided on Vegan Belle's Vegetable Korma.  


I'm so glad I decided to try cooking Indian food at home again because this was delicious.  My husband (apparently not noticing the dishes and pans ?), asked where I got it from.  Rather than be offended, I took it as a compliment, it was restaurant quality.  :)

I didn't have any cauliflower, so I used frozen broccoli.  I also added some golden raisins.  Other than that I followed her recipe exactly.  I will say, while she states that it's mild, mine seemed a little spicy.  Luckily, we love spicy food!  I know the cayenne pepper I use is a little wicked, and it's always possible I grabbed the hot curry powder instead of regular sweet curry powder.  :)  This made quite a bit, so I even got to freeze myself a helping for later.  I served it with naan bread and tamarind chutney.  Yum!


2 comments:

  1. Looks great! We'll have to try that recipe. Love making Indian at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Chana Masala was so good. :) I think you will like this.

      Delete