Saturday, June 30, 2012

Some Things I've Tried Recently

I've tried several things for the first time recently.  Some have been amazing, others I can live without, but I'm glad I tried them.  

First off, Rhythm Zesty Nacho Kale Chips.  I have made baked kale chips before at home, and loved them, so I was super excited to try the nacho flavor.

These are pretty good.  They definitely have a little bit of kick to them, so the zesty is an accurate description.  They are raw, which is nice, and have good nutritional stats for a snack food.  I wanted to love them, but I have to admit I wasn't overly impressed.  I would eat them again, if they were offered to me or on a road trip, but with a price tag of almost $7, I will be sticking to homemade.

Next up, Chipotle Vegenaise.  I love Vegenaise and I love chipotle, so again I was stoked to try this.


This stuff is awesome!!  It delivered on every level.  It's got nice heat from the chipotle, and the flavor is out of this world.  I just got this a few days ago and already it has graced many sandwiches.  I have actually been making sandwiches just so I can put this on them.


A Smoky Curl and avocado sandwich with Chipotle Vegenaise and Barbeque Pirate's Booty.


Now I know these have been around awhile, and I may be the last person on earth to try them, but they are really good.  They remind me of a cheese puff in texture, but, of course, they are barbecue flavored.  They don't really have anything going for them nutritionally, so they will be an occasional snack, but I am glad they are vegan.  Non vegan son thought these were the bomb.  I would prefer he eat these to Dorito's any day, and I told him so.  :)

And last, but definitely not least,  Gardein Southern BBQ Riblets.  Oh My Goodness!!


These are AMAZING!!  They remind me of the Gardenburger Riblets I love and have sorely missed since they were discontinued a few years ago.  When I smelled them cooking, I knew it was going to be love, and I was right.  As soon as I tasted the slightly sweet BBQ sauce and sunk my teeth into the riblet, it was pure bliss.  I haven't seen these in any of our local stores yet.  I bought mine through a buying club I just joined, but I am hoping they will be out there for everyone to enjoy in the near future.

Have you tried anything new, or new to you recently?




3 comments:

  1. I love the Bombay Curry flavoured kale chips by the same company. Not so fussy on the ranch ones but the nacho was good I agree. Can't wait til we get the new flavours of Vegenaise up here in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I will have to get the Bombay Curry flavor to try. :) I am a curry fanatic so that will probably be right up my alley. I just wish they weren't so expensive, it makes it a little harder to justify. I definitely want to love them for $7 a bag. I am anxious to try all of the new flavors of Vegenaise, especially if they are as good as the chipotle flavor. I hope you get them soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the price tag is a bit steep! I did make my own recently and they were tasty too but they didn't stay as crispy unfortunately so I had to put them back in the dehydrator. I made ones from Practically Raw and they were tasty.

      Delete