Friday, June 8, 2012

Grandchildren

I love having grandchildren!!  All of the things they say are true.  I get to love up on them, without all of the worries associated with being responsible for disciplining them on a day to day basis.  My time with them is so enjoyable and adds such pleasure to my life.

My 17 month old grandson, C we call him, has interestingly been afraid of standing or sitting in the grass.  He's had regular exposure, and his sisters play in it all the time, but for some reason he just did not like it.  Until 2 days ago!  Once he got started running around in it he didn't stop.  :)


We often get the kids and take them to the park, or to the movies, or just bring them to our house and do whatever happens to sound good that day.  One day recently we went to Aroma in downtown Champaign.  The ownership has changed recently, and I'm not sure I like it as much as I used to, but we had fun nonetheless and our food was good.


My granddaughter's both had a peanut butter and blackberry jam sandwich on whole wheat bread.  They love that it comes with "blackberry" jam, and I really like the bread.  I got the hummus plate which comes with a pepper and onion salad.  We all love the hummus and pita bread and usually end up sharing everything.  I think it might even be pita bread sticking out of Kaia's mouth in the picture.


My hummus plate


Lexi munching away.

It's really nice to sit outside and enjoy the weather and the downtown atmosphere with my grandchildren!


.





No comments:

Post a Comment